1. This Agreement
Juno is a payment service accessible via a mobile app or through your web browser (“Service”).
By signing up to or using the Service you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms do not use the Service. Under these terms, Juno grants you a licence to use the Service in accordance with these terms.
The Service is provided by billx Limited (“Juno”, “we”, “us”), a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11741401 and its registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ. billx is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 918796).
The ways in which you can use the Service may also be governed by the terms, rules and policies of an Appstore, in which case such terms, rules and policies will apply in addition to these terms.
2. Your Privacy
3. Business Terms
These terms only apply to you if you use the Service as an individual consumer or as a sole trader not operating through a limited company. If you are a business (other than a sole trader not operating through a limited company) then you must sign up to the Service as a business under the terms which are applicable to businesses.
If you sign up to or use the Service under these terms and we subsequently discover that you are a business (other than a sole trader not operating through a limited company), we will be entitled to treat your use of the Service as being business-related from the date you first used the Service, and you will be liable to pay all sums due to us that you would have paid had you signed up as a business initially.
- Access Requirements
In order to use the Service, you must provide us with your:
- full name;
- preferred name;
- email address; and
- telephone number.
In addition, in order to use the Service you must:
- create a user profile;
- create a password and confirm any other security information;
- complete our verification process;
- be aged 16 or over;
- have an accepted bank account which you link to the Service; and
- pass any further approval requirements that we or your bank impose from time to time to ensure or improve the security of the Service or to comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Use of the Service
The Service allows you to trigger payments from your bank account to, and receive money into your bank account from, other users of the Service, including:
- any individual, including sole traders;
- physical shops;
- restaurants and bars;
- websites and online stores;
- clubs and associations; and
- other businesses who have signed up to use the Service as a business.
You can use the Service to request that another user trigger a payment to you, and other users may request you to do the same.
You can use the Service to request, make, view and track payments made and received using the Service, as well as to receive notifications of when payments are made or received. Depending on your bank, you may also be able to check your bank balance.
When payments are made through the Service, they are actioned and processed directly by your bank. We therefore have no liability for any errors made by your bank in making or receiving such payment.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any payments made to other users of the Service are correct and accurate. Once a payment is requested through the Service, it is actioned and processed directly by your bank immediately and cannot be reversed by us. We have no responsibility for reversing or correcting any payments processed by you in error and you must contact your bank directly in such instance.
At any time, we or your bank may impose transaction limits on the value or number of transactions that can be processed through the Service.
- Sharing Information with other users
We may share your profile information with other users, merchants and/or your bank, including for the purposes of allowing them to process and track any payments.
5. Open Banking
The Service operates using the Open Banking system and uses Open Banking APIs.
This means that you will need to approve the linking of your bank account to the Service. This is done through the Service, but the approval is provided by you directly to your bank and at no point do we access or store your bank security information. From time to time, your bank may require you to re-approve us as linking to your bank account.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that you link the correct bank account to the Service and that you provide the correct security information to your bank. We accept no liability for any errors made by you.
6. Purchases / Chargebacks
We will send you a confirmation of payments made using the Service, however if you have purchased goods or services from a seller using the Service, the seller is responsible for giving you a receipt for the purchase and our payment confirmation does not constitute a receipt for the purchase.
When you buy goods or services using the Service, the seller is responsible for their quality and for any refunds. We have no liability for the goods or services purchased, or for providing you with a refund.
As the Service processes payments by way of direct bank transfer rather than credit or debit card payment, chargebacks are not possible for any payments made using the Service, nor do you have any credit card payment protection on purchases made using the Service.
7. Your Responsibilities
- use the Service at all times in accordance with these terms and any other requirements notified to you from time to time by us;
- ensure that all information you provide about yourself (including your name, email address, telephone number and bank account details) is and remains complete, correct and up to date;
- when making any payments to a third party using the Service, verify that the recipient’s profile and details are correct and correspond to the third party to whom you are seeking to make payment;
- notify us immediately if your mobile phone or security information is stolen or lost, or if you suspect that your account is being used without your authorisation;
- treat your password and other security information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party.
8. Support and telling us about problems
If you want to learn more about the Service or have any problems using them please email our customer service team at [email protected]
If you believe that a transaction has been processed without your approval, you must notify us immediately and we will promptly notify your bank. Your bank will investigate the transaction and, unless the transaction was processed as a result of an error by us, you should deal with your bank directly and they will be liable for any errors.
9. Use of the Service is Personal to You
We are giving you personally the right to use the Service as set out above. You may not transfer the Service to someone else or allow anyone else to transfer your money or access your bank account using the Service.
You must only use the Service in relation to your own personal bank account, and may not link your Juno profile to, or use the Service in relation to, any third party’s bank account.
If you download or stream the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
10. Changes to these terms
We may change these terms from time to time and you should revisit this page regularly to view any changes. Any changes shall be immediately binding on you.
We will not specifically advise you of any minor changes, but will notify you of substantial changes either when you access the Service or by other communication.
11. Updates or changes to the Service or the App
From time to time we may automatically update or change the Service or any app to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues.
If you choose not to install any updates to an app you may not be able to continue using the app or the Service.
12. We may collect technical data about your device
By using the Service, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use to access the Service to improve our products and to provide any Service to you.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the Service in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the Service, except as part of the normal use of the Service;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the Service nor permit the Service or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the Service on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Service nor attempt to do any such things; or
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the Service.
14. Acceptable use restrictions
- not use the Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, to enter into any unlawful contracts or purchase any unlawful or illegal goods or services, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms;
- not use the Service in a fraudulent or malicious manner, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Service;
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Service;
- not use the Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Servic
15. Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the Service (including in any app) throughout the world belong to us and the rights in the Service are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the Service other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
16. Liability of each party
If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
We will only be liable for any loss if you notify us promptly of our failure, and in any event must do so within 12 months. If you do not notify us of our failure within 12 months then we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage.
We will have no liability for any unfulfilled or delayed payment requests which arise as a result of failures in the telecommunications network or other unforeseen failures outside of our control. We will have no liability if a failed payment results in you incurring any late fees or charges.
We are not liable for errors made when entering a payment order or request using the Service, including if you or a third party make an error in the recipient identity, the telephone number or the amount to be paid.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you use the Service for any commercial, business or resale purpose then you must sign up to use the Service as a business. If you do not do so, we will have no liability to you.
The Service solely facilitates payments to and from your bank account by directing requests to your bank. Payments themselves are processed directly between the banks of the respective users and we accept no liability for any failures or delays on the part of the banks.
The Service is not to be used as an alternative to your bank’s full systems and processes. For a full overview of your banking, you should continue to check the statements and documents provided by your bank.
The Service has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the Service meet your requirements.
If our provision of the Service or support for the Service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us.
You will indemnify us for any loss suffered by us as a result of your use of the Service outside these terms.
17. We may end or suspend your rights to use the Service
We may end or suspend your rights to use the Service or any part of the Service at any time in our reasonable discretion. This will usually be if you have breached the terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be remedied and is not serious, then we will give you a reasonable opportunity to remedy your breach before permanently ending your right to use the Service. If you repeatedly breach these terms then we reserve the right to permanently end your right to use the Service without further notice.
We will only accept you as a user of the Service if you hold a bank account with certain accepted banks of Juno. We are entitled to remove or add accepted banks at any time in our absolute discretion.
We may also cease the provision of the Service at any time, and will seek to give you advance notice if we do so.
If we end your rights to use the Service:
- you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the Service;
- you must delete or remove the Service from all devices in your possession; and
- we will cease providing you with access to the Services.
18. We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
19. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
20. No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
21. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
22. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
23. Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.